At Tao to Wellness here in Berkeley we help patients enhance their memory with acupuncture and the magic of GINKGO!
As we get older, we forget things.. it’s reality! I like to think it’s because we have so many wonderful memories that our mental rolodex is getting too full!
Here are some interesting facts about the magic of Ginkgo…
TOP TEN FACTS ABOUT GINGKO BILOBA
- Gingko biloba has been shown to work as an antioxidant.
- The intake of gingko biloba can have positive effects on the central nerve and circulatory systems.
- Gingko biloba increases blood flow to the brain.
- Additional oxygen and blood glucose are delivered to the nerve cells as a result of gingko biloba intake.
- Gingko biloba helps to maintain healthy cells.
- The progression of Alzheimer’s disease may be slowed by gingko biloba.
- Especially in older people, gingko biloba can help to lessen the effects of depression.
- Gingko biloba may act to slow the pace of macular degeneration.
- As a treatment for the poor vision than accompanies cataracts, gingko biloba may be helpful.
- The extract of gingko biloba shows promise in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Gingko Biloba is an amazing herb to increase circulation to your brain. When patients come in wanting to enhance their memory, we do a full Chinese medical intake and custom build an herbal formula, usually with Gingko Biloba and a plethora of other herbs as well. Acupuncture seems to round out the treatment nicely. NOTE* if you suffer from high blood pressure or epilepsy, Tao to Wellness recommends you do NOT take gingko! As it is, before you start any herbal remedy, you should consult with a licensed herbalist, if you don’t have an herbalist, feel free to give us a call, Tao to Wellness in Berkeley.
#Tao to Wellness #Acupuncture #Berkeley #memory #Gingko
Christina Martin is the founder of Tao to Wellness. She is an Acupuncturist, Chinese Herbalist and Teacher and has been in practice for fifteen years. She holds a Master’s Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine and is California state licensed and a nationally certified Diplomat of Acupuncture. Christina entered Acupuncture school without ever having an Acupuncture treatment. She simply felt it was her calling.