Mouth watering GUACAMOLE!
Guacamole has quickly become one of my family’s favorite appetizers. They insist mine is the best they’ve had. My secret weapon- A mortar and pestle.
You will need
- 3-4 avocados
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 scallions, diced (any type of onion will work)
- 1 jalapeno or cayenne pepper, minced.
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro, minced.
- 1 medium tomato, cored, chopped
- Lime Juice- start with juice from half of the lime. Add to taste from that point.
- Black Pepper to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- Peel and mash avocados.
Add garlic, jalapeño, onion, cilantro in a mortar. Season with salt and mash with a pestle or until a coarse paste forms.
Mix paste with mashed avocado. Add lime juice and fold in tomatoes. Season to taste with salt, pepper & additional lime juice. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.