New Patients: Welcome to Tao to Wellness!
We are truly honored that have chosen us as part of your healthcare team!
A few things you need to know before your first appointment:
- When you signed up for your first session you should have received an email confirming your appointment. Within this email is also a link to fill out your intake form (s). You MUST complete this before your session, it is necessary for the intake portion of your appointment. If you are coming for fertility support, please email any appropriate blood tests (even if they are normal), semen analysis or basal body temp charts ahead of time as well.
- In the confirmation email you will also find the CODE for the gate at the entryway to the courtyard, upon entering please be mindful and close the gate quietly as there are other treatments in progress.
- Your first intake and acupuncture appointment will be 1.5 hours in length.
- Do not brush or clean your tongue the morning of your acupuncture session.
- Always take your prescription medications, but if you are coming in for acupuncture to address a pain issue, try to avoid taking your over the counter painkillers such as, aspirin, Advil, Motrin and Alleve. (If this is not possible due to the intensity of your pain, take whatever you need to in order to get to your appointment!)
- Wear loose clothing for your Acupuncture sessions, usually we work from your elbows and knees down to the tips of your fingers and toes.
- Please refrain from using colognes and perfumes, some of our other patients are very sensitive to strong fragrances.
- Keep in mind there is a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- We accept cash, check and credit.
- And finally, there is street parking only, but usually plenty of it! Mornings and evenings are a breeze, lunchtime and Saturday a little tight. Parking is a little easier near the office and towards the residential area, (between 6th and 7th Street), in other words, away from 4th street! Leave yourself enough time and may the parking Gods be with you!